It’s never too early to start thinking about Christmas! If you’ll be in Central Florida for the holidays, you might want to include Disney Very Merriest After Hours in your plans. It is taking place instead of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. It’s a Disney After Hours event, which means short lines, ice cream novelties, and bottled soda or water are included. Unlike Disney After Hours Boo Bash, there will be a parade and fireworks! The event will also last four hours instead of three.
Disney Very Merriest After Hours will begin on November 8, and will run on select nights through December 21. It will cost between $169 and $249, depending on the night. Here are the latest details from Disney Parks Blog.
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, Fireworks and More Coming to Disney Very Merriest After Hours at Magic Kingdom!
by Sarah Domenech, Public Relations Manager
Twinkling lights, festive décor, and magical celebrations will fill Magic Kingdom Park during “Disney Very Merriest After Hours.” The event will take place on 24 select nights Nov. 8 through Dec. 21 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. This year’s holiday celebration is truly “once in a lifetime,” coinciding with the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary – “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.” I can’t wait to unwrap all that festive fun!
Event dates are:
November: 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 28, 30
December: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21
We are so excited to let you know that “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” will include the nighttime spectacular “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” and the special holiday-themed parade “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” That’s right, a parade! Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be joined by pals from Disney’s “Frozen” and many other favorite Disney characters including the very popular Toy Soldiers. This festive parade will, of course, also feature Santa Claus himself!
Tickets for the 4-hour “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” will grant admission to Magic Kingdom Park as early as 7 p.m., giving you more time to enjoy some of your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions. You can also take in EARidescent magic that will be part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” from the brand-new fireworks spectacular “Disney Enchantment” to the transformation of Cinderella Castle into a “Beacon of Magic,” it’s all in honor of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. And, yes! That means you could be able to experience two different and unique fireworks shows in one night!
That’s not all that’s in store. Here are additional details of what you can experience during this limited-capacity, separately ticketed event:
- Holiday attraction overlays are also making a comeback! The Jungle Cruise transforms into the Jingle Cruise, and Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor will get new jokes perfect for this joyful season.
- After the park closes to day guests, enjoy less time waiting in line for more than 20 attractions including favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.
- Sightings of Disney characters throughout the park all dressed in their holiday best.
- While you are walking down Main Street, U.S.A. be sure to look up to the sky, you might catch some magical snowfall!
- Dance and boogie the night away at themed Club Tinsel dance party in Tomorrowland.
- Enjoy complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, seasonal treats and select bottled beverages.
- Specialty holiday food and drinks will also be available for purchase.
- Disney PhotoPass will offer holiday magic shots throughout the night.
Tickets will go on sale Aug. 20 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-7947. Guests of select Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, as well as Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort can book their tickets as early as August 17. Tickets range from $169 to $229 plus tax for select November-December nights and $249, plus tax on December 19 & 21. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount on select event dates in November. These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.
Please check our Know Before You Go page for the most up-to-date information regarding our health and safety measures.
You can get additional information and buy your tickets by visiting the page for “Disney Very Merriest After Hours.” Stay tuned for more holiday news coming to the Disney Parks Blog!
Happy early holidays!