I’ve seen a lot of selfie sticks lately at Walt Disney World. These were banned back years ago, because people would pull them out on rides, putting everyone in danger. I thought that since many people don’t realize what is and isn’t allowed, this could be a good time to share the official Prohibited Items List.
- Firearms, ammunition, knives and weapons of any kind.
- Self-defense or restraining devices (e.g., pepper spray, mace)
- Marijuana (including marijuana enriched products) or any illegal substance.
- Objects or toys that appear to be firearms or weapons.
- Fireworks or other similarly explosive and/or flammable objects, smoke machines or fog machines.
- Alcoholic beverages, except at the Disney Resort hotels and Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Wine may be brought in to Disney Springs to be consumed at select table service restaurants only, corkage fees apply.
- Glass containers (excluding small containers such as baby food jars), except in the Disney Resort hotels and Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- Horns, whistles, large megaphones or artificial noise makers.
- Recreational devices such as drones, remote-control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates or shoes with built-in wheels. Bicycles are permitted only in designated Disney Resort areas.
- Strollers that are greater than 31″ (79 cm) in width and 52″ (132 cm) in length. Stroller wagons are also prohibited.
- Wagons are prohibited at any theme park, water park, or Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Wagons are prohibited at indoor venues at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed, pulled or towed by an Electric Conveyance Vehicle, wheelchair, stroller or person.
- Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered and/or unoccupied. Training wheels and/or modifications are not permitted. Devices must be manually or electrically powered and operated at a walking pace. Devices should be single rider and not exceed 36″ (92 cm) in width and 52″ (132 cm) in length.
- Suitcases, bags, coolers or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high (61 cm x 38 cm x 46 cm) are not allowed in any theme park or water park. Loose or dry ice is not permitted in these containers. Re-usable ice packs are recommended.
- Folding chairs are not allowed in any theme park, water park, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser or Disney Springs.
- Selfie sticks, hand-held extension poles for cameras or mobile devices, flags and banners are not allowed in any theme park, water park or Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- Tripods or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack or that extend over 6’ (182 cm) are not allowed in theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser or ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
- Balloons are not permitted at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports, or Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani Village and Jambo House)
- Plastic straws are not permitted at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, water parks or Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani Village and Jambo House)
- Non-Coast Guard approved flotation devices or swim noodles at any water park.
- Additional prohibited items at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Propane heaters
- Large misting fans (personal handheld misting fans are permitted)
- Flags/banners of any kind that are larger than 3’ x 5’ regardless of how the flag/banner is intended to be carried
- Metal flag poles. Flag poles must be made out of wood, plastic and/or PVC. Flag poles cannot be longer than 4’, have diameters larger than 2”, or have decorative or sharp ends.
- Coolers are prohibited at indoor venues, except for team coolers which must remain at the team bench.
- Folding chairs are not permitted in the stadium, indoor venues, or at select outdoor events
We reserve the right to prohibit the use or storage of any other item not listed above that we determine may be harmful or disruptive, in our sole and absolute discretion.