When restaurants started reopening those that offered buffets switched over to family style. There’s nothing wrong with that, but many people have missed buffets. Buffets are back, baby! (Okay, I’m not that cool.) Boma – Flavors of Africa reopened on August 20, and it’s the first buffet to return. Soon there will be two more. On August 29, Biergarten at Epcot will have a buffet once again. On September 12, the buffet will return at The Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. That’s just a small amount of the food news from Disney Parks Blog. Here is all that you need to know.
Walt Disney World Resort Foodie News: Buffet and Festival Marketplace Openings; Breakfast Service Offerings at Magic Kingdom Park, and More!
by Karen McClintock, Food & Beverage Content Relations Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
This Walt Disney World Resort edition of Foodie News is jam-packed with exciting news – from the reopening of three of our most popular all-you-care-to-enjoy buffets to the addition of seven more global marketplaces at EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE®. Check out all the delicious details below!
Boma – Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge opens today with all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast and dinner. Once again, the cooking stations will be brimming with your favorites for breakfast – creamy pap, turkey bobotie, pancakes, waffles, deviled eggs with salmon, and delicious freshly baked items from the Boma bakery.
At dinner, the rotisserie area will offer pork ribs, salmon, African-spiced strip loin, Durban rotisserie chicken, and lamb bobotie. The kid’s station will have pasta and meatballs, mac n’ cheese, and chicken bites. The rotating selection of soups, stews, and chowders are back, as well as tasty salads like berbere chickpea salad and North African cauliflower salad. And yes, Zebra Domes are back!
Beginning Aug. 29, Biergarten Restaurant in the German pavilion at EPCOT will offer a buffet experience for lunch and dinner. Enjoy your favorite German dishes – pretzel rolls, bratwurst, spätzle, schnitzel, and a variety of desserts, including apple strudel and black forest rolls. Prost!
Inspired by Victorian greenhouses of the late 1800s, The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom Park is such an enchanting spot to dine. I am happy to announce starting Sept. 12, their buffet will open for lunch and dinner where you can feast on Parker House rolls, create-your-own fresh garden salad, seared pork tenderloin, fire-roasted prime rib, braised beef short ribs, and more.
Enjoy Cantonese, Mongolian, Szechuan, Hunan, and Kiangche-style specialties at Nine Dragons Restaurant in the China pavilion at EPCOT. Now open for dinner (Tuesday-Saturday), start with Sichuan Chicken Dumplings, Crispy Duck Bao Buns, or the House Hot & Sour Soup. For entrées, select from many delicious dishes such as Kung Pao Duo, Salt and Pepper Shrimp, Spicy Honey Crispy Chicken, and Kowloon Spare Ribs.
Start your day in the most enchanting way – breakfast is back at Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park starting Aug. 27! Reservations are available beginning Aug. 24.
Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park reopens Aug. 29 and they have delicious new entrées to try while traveling through the park. Did you know “kusafiri” means “to journey” in Swahili?
- Spiced Potato Hand Pies – Vegetables and potatoes wrapped in pastry served with harissa aïoli and coriander chutney
- Marinated Chicken Flatbread Sandwich – Marinated chicken topped with cucumber–tomato salad, tahini sauce, and greens served with house-made chips
- Red Chili Hot Dog – Spicy hot dog topped with cucumber–tomato salad and harissa aïoli served with house-made chips
Drop anchor and check out the new offerings at Dockside Diner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Opening Aug. 22, this adorable walk-up location has plenty of outdoor seating along Echo Lake.
- Shrimp Salad Roll – Shrimp, arugula, tomatoes, pickled shaved fennel, and sliced radish tossed with rémoulade sauce on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Chipotle Chicken Salad Roll – Roasted pulled chicken salad with red onions, celery, tomatoes, and watercress tossed with chipotle aïoli and topped with fried onions on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Smoked Fish Dip served with seasoned house-made chips, celery, carrots, jalapeños, and pickles
- Seaside Brownie – Chocolate brownie topped with white chocolate ganache and seaside garnish
- Blue Sea Margarita – Tequila, blue Curaçao, and sweet-and-sour
- And exciting news for all you festival-goers! In our recent Foodie Guide to the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE, we indicated we would be opening more global marketplaces on Oct. 1. But the Festival Team decided to open seven marketplaces early – on Aug. 15! You’re welcome!
Ireland (Near United Kingdom)
- Fisherman’s Seafood Pie
- Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy
- Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
- Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale
- Bunratty Mead Honey Wine
- Guinness Baileys Shake
Spain (Between Italy and Germany)
- Charcuterie with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses, and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrette (gluten/wheat friendly)
- Spanish-style Paella with Rice, Chorizo, and Shrimp (gluten/wheat friendly)
- Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar, and Smoked Paprika (gluten/wheat friendly)
- Estrella Galicia Cerveza Especial Lager (new)
- Avaline White Blend (new)
- Faustino VII Rioja Rosado (new)
- Espelt Garnacha
- Wine Flight
The Alps (Near Germany)
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Alpine Ham, Baby Potatoes, Cornichons, and Baguette
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons, and Baguette
- Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart with Crème Fraîche
- Huber Vision Grüner Veltliner, Austria (new)
- Cave De La Côte Rosé Gamay, Romand
- René Favre Dôle, Chamoson
- Frozen Rosé
- Wine Flight
- Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato & Corn Mealie Pap and Kachumbari Slaw (gluten/wheat friendly)
- Piri Piri Skewered Shrimp with Citrus-scented Couscous
- Tusker Lager
India (Near China) – Opening Oct. 1
- Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa, and Coriander Pesto Dips
- Korma Chicken with Basmati Rice, Crispy Chickpeas, and Spiced Yogurt Sauce (gluten/wheat friendly)
- Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas, and Ben’s Original Basmati Rice (gluten/wheat friendly; plant-based)
- Mango Lassi (non-alcoholic)
- Taj Mahal Premium Lager (new)
- Sula Brut Tropicale Sparkling Wine, Nashik (new)
- Sula Chenin Blanc, Nashik
- Mango Lassi with Sōmrus Chai Cream Liqueur
NEW! Lobster Landing (Near Mission: SPACE)
- New England Lobster Tail with Lobster Bisque Sauce (new)
- Lobster Chowder with Bacon, Corn, Potatoes, and Oyster Crackers (new)
- Baked Lobster Dip with Old Bay Chips (gluten/wheat friendly; new)
- Coronado Brewing Co. Salty Crew Blonde Ale, San Diego, CA (new)
- Steenberg Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc, South Africa (new)
- Sean Minor Chardonnay, California (new)
- Cape Codder: Vodka with Cranberry, Pomegranate, and Lime (new)
NEW! Mac & Eats (Near Mission: SPACE)
- Traditional Macaroni and Cheese with Herbed Panko
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese with Herbed Panko (new)
- Cowboy Macaroni and Cheese with Smoked Pork Belly, Brisket Burnt Ends, Pickled Peppers, and Onion Straws (new)
- Macaroni and Cheese with House-made Italian Sausage and Peppers (plant-based)
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Lemon Hazy IPA, Tampa, FL (new)
- L’Ecole No. 41 Chenin Blanc Old Vines, Columbia Valley, WA
- Evolution by Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, OR