We’re just a few days away from the official opening of Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure! The new land opens on June 4. Remember, Disneyland is currently open only for California Residents, but that will change on June 15. I’m planning a trip for later this year, and I can’t wait to see this! The dedication will be held live on June 2 at 11:15pm Eastern, 8:15 Pacific, and I’ll try to add the link on the Disney Over 50 Facebook page. Here’s the latest on Avengers Campus from Disney Parks Blog.
Know Before You Go: Planning Your Mission to Avengers Campus Opening June 4 at Disney California Adventure Park
by Gabriel Gibaldi, Public Relations Director
In just a few days, you’ll be invited to team up with the Avengers and their allies to live out your Super Hero dreams as Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure park opens on June 4.
As we’ve shared, Avengers Campus is comprised of several heroic locations, each hosted by a different Super Hero or their ally to share their unique powers, technology and knowledge with recruits. However, there’s a lot we still need to go over and I’m here to help you prepare for YOUR mission!
Here is everything you need to know as you plan your visit to Avengers Campus:
Theme Park Reservations and Tickets
First up, all recruits planning to visit Avengers Campus will need both a park reservation and valid ticket for Disney California Adventure park on the same date. Theme park reservations are limited due to capacity limitations and will be subject to availability, so be sure to plan out your mission before heading over.
Avengers Campus Access
When Avengers Campus opens, you will be able to enter at the main entrance located right next to the Worldwide Engineering Brigade (also known as WEB), just past Carthay Circle Restaurant and across from Golden Vine Winery.
There are two ways to gain access into Avengers Campus: you can either use the standby queue, or the virtual queue* option for WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. Here’s how each option works:
- Standby queue:When Avengers Campus reaches capacity, a standby queue to enter Avengers Campus will be available to the right of its main entrance by the Worldwide Engineering Brigade (WEB) for those looking to take in the sights and sounds of Avengers Campus.
- Virtual queue for WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure:In order to experience WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, guests are required to join the virtual queue, which is accessible via the Disneyland mobile app.** There is no standby line for this attraction. Similar to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, virtual queue enrollment times will be twice daily, at 7 a.m. (which you can do from the comfort of your home or hotel room) and 12 p.m. To learn the details of how the system will work, visit this page for more information. Once a guest’s boarding group is called, they should head to the left of the land’s main entrance along the parade corridor. You may enjoy Avengers Campus after your boarding group has been called and you have entered the land.
- Disneyland and Play Disney Parks Apps
- Alright recruits, it’s time to get tech savvy! As always, I highly recommend downloading the latest version of the Disneyland app on your mobile device prior to your visit.
- You’ll be able to use the app to join the virtual queue for WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, place a mobile order for food and beverages, view park maps and more. Be sure to have location services and Bluetooth enabled and turn on notifications to receive your virtual queue call back details and other important information.
- Also, the new PhotoPass+ One Day** is a limited-time offer available through the Disneyland app. You can capture and share your unforgettable moments at Avengers Campus with unlimited downloads from the day of your visit!
- If you are a fan of the Play Disney Parks app***, you can also enhance your experience with interactive moments throughout Avengers Campus. Discover new in-app experiences, like Avengers Campus trivia, plus land-based and attraction digital achievements!
- Heroic Encounters
- Spider-Man takes to the skies high above Avengers Campus, where you may also have heroic encounters with the likes of Iron Man, Black Panther, the Dora Milaje, Black Widow, Ant-Man and The Wasp – some of whom are making their first appearances at the park.
- At a nearby Ancient Sanctum, Doctor Strange will train recruits in the mystic arts by bringing this ancient sanctum to life with powerful spells. You may even witness Spider-Man swinging into action high above Avengers Campus with gravity-defying, acrobatic feats never seen before in a Disney theme park.
- Speaking of Spider-Man, put your web-slinging skills to the test and experience what it’s like to have powers on the new WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, the first Disney ride-through attraction to feature the iconic friendly neighborhood Spider-Man! Also while in Avengers Campus, help Rocket bust his fellow Guardians of the Galaxy out of the Collector’s Fortress on the fan-favorite Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Super Hero Sustenance
- And with all that training, you’re going to need to fuel up at some point! From a shawarma wrap, to the Choco-Smash CANDY Bar, Pingo Doce and more, there are several super rad dining options throughout the campus. I’m excited to try everything, but especially one of the Avengers’ favorite food joints, Shawarma Palace. For the complete inside scoop, be sure to check out our Foodie Guide to Avengers Campus.
- I highly recommend that you plan ahead, use the mobile order service and pay with the Disneyland app for a contactless ordering experience at locations, including Pym Test Kitchen featuring IMPOSSIBLETM, Pym Tasting Lab and Shawarma Palace. Currently, guests may only pick up a food and beverage mobile order if they are already inside Avengers Campus. It’s important to know that simply placing a mobile order at a food and beverage location in Avengers Campus does not grant you access to the land or the park.
- Mission-critical gear
- Don’t forget to gear up for your epic adventure! There are three industrial mercantile shops set to outfit aspiring WEB members with all the latest gadgets, accessories and fashions.
- Inside the land, beginning June 4, you will find WEB Suppliers and the Avengers Campus Supply Pod. Just outside of Avengers Campus, visit Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop featuring Avengers Campus (which is now open). One must-have gadget available at all locations is the WEB Tech! As we’ve shared, all guests visiting WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure will be able to sling webs with Spider-Man in the most epic adventure yet. Those wishing to customize their experience on board the attraction can do so with wearable WEB Tech accessories, which gives you additional web slinging powers. Pretty awesome!
- And remember, tucked into the ground floor of the Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! are hundreds of items curated in The Collector’s Warehouse that you might be tempted to add to your own collection.
- Travel Updates
- Lastly, I would be remiss not to mention a very important note on traveling to the Disneyland Resort right now. Guests planning a visit should be aware of the latest health and safety guidelines. Until June 15, only California residents may visit Disneyland Resort theme parks, and party size is limited to no more than three households.
- Beginning June 15, 2021, we will once again be able to welcome guests from outside of California back to our theme parks. Be sure to check out the latest travel information and important information about park attendance requirements on com/update.
- That’s all for now, recruits! It’s time to get ready for epic action beginning June 4!
- *Access to a WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. Distribution times are subject to change or cancellation. Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience the attraction. A valid ticket and park reservation for Disney California Adventure park is required, and other restrictions apply. Guests may only enter a virtual queue once per day per attraction.
- **Disney PhotoPass+ products are subject to the Disney PhotoPass+ terms found in https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-terms-conditions/. Disney PhotoPass+ One Day includes photos and videos captured at Disneyland Resort beginning at 6:00 a.m. PT on the day you activate the product and ending at 5:59 a.m. PT the following day. Disney PhotoPass+ One Week includes photos and videos captured at Disneyland Resort beginning at 6:00 a.m. PT on the day you activate the product and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT the sixth day after such date. Online registration required. Disney PhotoPass photos and videos in your account will expire pursuant to the expiration policy at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-expiration-policy/. Downloads are restricted to personal use only. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos or videos. Valid theme park admission and park reservation required to access most Disney PhotoPass Service locations. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
- *** Message, data and roaming rates may apply for the Disneyland app. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. Some app features require separate theme park admission.