A couple of days ago I told you about the new procedure that Walt Disney World is about to roll out in order to obtain a Boarding Group for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Disney is certainly working to get the word out! I have a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Wednesday, November 4, and I received an email about the switch. I’m going to copy and paste the email below. I’m glad to see that Disney is making every effort to let people know about the change! I know that there will still be people who don’t know. Every time I’m at the park I see people talking to Cast Members at the ride’s entrance, trying to talk their way on and claiming that they didn’t know. It never works.
Here’s the text from the email that I received:
Enter the Virtual Queue for Rise of the Resistance before you arrive at the Park
We’re excited about your upcoming reservation to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
It will come as no surprise to our Guests that Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and the virtual queue itself has become equally popular. To make the virtual queue process even more convenient and help Guests plan ahead, we will be piloting a new approach starting Tuesday, Nov. 3.
Here’s how it will work:
- Guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue system starting 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation to check for an available boarding group. This can be done before you leave your Resort hotel or wherever else you happen to be nearby at that time.
- Just as we do today, a second round of virtual queue inventory will still be released at 2 p.m., to anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.
- For people who receive a later boarding time or are waiting for the second round of virtual queue inventory, we encourage them to take their time in getting to the park. Go back to sleep, have breakfast, check out the pool and relax a bit before journeying over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Tips for getting into the virtual queue
- By the day before your visit, make sure you have done the following:
- Have an account in My Disney Experience
- Download the My Disney Experience mobile app* on your smart device or ensure you have the most updated version of the app before arriving at the park
- Link and assign your tickets to a My Disney Experience account
- Have a valid Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the day
- Virtual queue is only accessible via the My Disney Experience app. You must use the app on a smart device rather than using a browser when attempting to enroll in virtual queue for the 7 a.m. inventory drop.
- Please keep in mind, only one Guest per traveling party should attempt to enroll in virtual queue. Multiple Guests and devices attempting to enroll the same party could complicate securing a boarding group. As a reminder, in order to be eligible for the 2 p.m. virtual queue enrollment, all Guests in a party must already be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Guests who need additional help joining the virtual queue for the 2 p.m. enrollment time should seek out a Guest Relations or Guest Experience Team Cast Member at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Please keep in mind that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. To accommodate physical distancing, there are a limited number of admissions for Guests to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. The virtual queue for this popular attraction tends to fill quickly.
If you need further assistance joining the virtual queue, the following options are available to you:
- Call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-4357 for website support, (407) 939-1936 for reservations, or use the chat feature on DisneyWorld.com