A lot of our favorite things are on hold for now at Walt Disney World, but there is good news coming out of Epcot. A modified version of the Festival of the Arts will return in 2021! It will be called the Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts. It looks like several aspects of Epcot’s newest festival will return.
I’ll start with what we can expect. According to Disney Parks Blog, the 2021 festival will include:
The Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts offers fun for the whole family. Here is just a sketch of what you can expect when the event debuts in January:
- Indulge in over 15 Food Studios serving culinary art all around World Showcase
- Explore and purchase the brilliant and diverse work of Disney and other invited artists on display in marketplaces encircling World Showcase Lagoon
- Step into the scene at special photo locations scattered around the park
- Participate in a paint-by-number mural that serves as a collaborative art project for all
- Watch as visiting artists create magic right before your eyes
- Catch performances by favorite EPCOT musical artists Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors.
- Join an artful scavenger hunt as you search for Figment around World Showcase
- Shop for festival-exclusive merchandise
Sadly, that means that we won’t be treated to the Disney on Broadway concerts, which are a lot of fun. But honestly, I didn’t expect them to return this year. I wasn’t sure if they would hold the festival at all, so I’ll take what I can get.
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is a favorite of mine. The weather is the best of the year, and the festival is more laid back than the others. I look forward to it, even if it’s a modified version. The Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts will begin on January 8, and it will run daily through February 22. It is included with your Epcot admission, and you will need to have a Disney Park Pass Reservation in order to attend.